- Why Chocolate and Chiles Belong Together Forever
- 5 Smoky Cocktails for a Cinco de Mayo Party
- 9 Ways to Eat as Much Avocado as Possible on Cinco de Mayo
- Ultimate Desk Lunch: Glass Noodle Salad with Shrimp
- 9 Best Shrimp Pastas
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
- 7 Cajun Shrimp Recipes for Mardi Gras Dinner
- Upgrade Your Super Bowl with These Game Day Shrimp Recipes
- 5 Rose-Infused Recipes for the Run for the Roses
- 10 Things You Should Definitely Pickle
Traditional Easter dishes include glazed ham and roast leg of lamb, but if the Easter Bunny stopped by for brunch after a long morning of hiding eggs, he probably wouldn’t want to partake of either. Here, 10 vegetarian dishes to serve guests who side with Mr. Cottontail.
1. Grilled Asparagus with Pecorino and Meyer Lemon–Poached Eggs
Top Chef winner Nicholas Elmi tops lightly grilled asparagus with perfectly cooked eggs that are poached in Meyer lemon juice and water.
2. Pea Consommé with Mint
This delicate broth is full of vitamin C, thanks to the simmered pea pods. A garnish of white chocolate shards brings out the peas’ sweetness while adding only a little fat.
3. Rustic Vegetable Tart
This flaky, buttery tart is filled with fantastic spring vegetables like fava beans, asparagus and scallions.
4. Bulgur with Tangy Artichokes
For an easy version of chef Shawn McClain’s terrific spring recipe, we used delicious, tangy jarred artichokes instead of fresh ones.
5. Roasted Radishes with Radish Greens
These incredible roasted radishes are warm and crisp-tender, with delightfully bitter greens that are finished with butter and lemon.
6. Mini Pea Pancakes with Herbed Yogurt
Cookbook author Georgia Pellegrini purees sweet peas into the batter of her delicate mini pancakes, which are terrific when simply served with herbed yogurt.
7. Braised Baby Artichokes with Tomato Coulis
This healthy, zippy Provençal classic is known as artichokes barigoule. Served over whole-grain brown rice or buckwheat couscous, it makes a lovely vegan main course.
8. Avocado Hollandaise
Luscious, rich and lemony hollandaise gets completely reimagined here in a light, supremely creamy puree of avocado, lemon juice and olive oil. It is delicious drizzled over poached eggs.
9. Broccoli Rabe Risotto with Grilled Lemon
This vegetarian risotto is enriched with a flavorful broccoli rabe puree that’s stirred in before serving.
10. Spinach, Feta and Tarragon Frittata
The combination of flavors here is pure genius. Tarragon is classic with both spinach and eggs, and a touch of sharp feta cheese accents the trio beautifully.