- 5 Parody-Worthy Food Terms
- How to Make Turmeric Tonic
- 6 New Party Essentials
- 5 New Wave Chicken Fingers
- Trendspotting: Innovations in Food Conservation
- The New Breed of Bakeshop
- 5 Pro-Tips For Upgrading Your Cocktail Game
- The Best Bars For a New Orleans Cocktail Crawl
- How to Make a 4-Course Middle Eastern Fantasy Menu
- 4 Dreamy Options for Eating Your Takeout Al Fresco
With a little gelatin and a lot of wiggle, mixologists are having fun with the lowbrow Jell-O shot. Here's where to find them.
New York City
Trashy-chic new spot Golden Cadillac pays homage to '70s style in Jell-O-ified cocktails. The Miami Vice layers strawberry daiquiri and piña colada flavors. 13 First Ave.; goldencadillacnyc.com.
Prime 108 in the Union Station Hotel reinvents cocktails as spoonable snacks, like The Wallbanger—topped with mint sugar—and a retooled mint julep. 1001 Broadway; prime108.com.
The Dawson's off-menu Jell-O shots, like mustache-shaped old-fashioneds, are made in vintage jelly molds. 730 W. Grand Ave.; the-dawson.com.
At The Original Dinerant, pastry chef Sally Bowers concocts boozy Jell-O treats like orange Creamsicle, lemon meringue and chocolate grasshopper. 300 SW Sixth Ave.; originaldinerant.com.
Hidden in the back of French dip sandwich haven Cole's, The Varnish serves classics like Negronis in jiggly form. 118 E. Sixth St.; 213nightlife.com/thevarnish.