- The Easiest Way to Fillet a Fish
- Chop Your Way to Pillowy Gnocchi
- The Magic Trick to Saving Money on Herbs
- Carrots Hate This One Weird Trick
- The Link Between Healthy Gums and a Perfectly Trussed Chicken
- Nothing Says "I Love You" Like Fluffy Pancake Hearts
- The Only Reason You Should Ever Buy White Bread
- Never Have Kiwi Fur Stuck in Your Throat Again
- Just the Excuse You Need to Make Ginger Cocktails
- Why You Should Be Making Stock All Summer Long
In The Nourished Kitchen, Blogger Jennifer McGruther looks to the past for healthy inspiration, back to an era when a "wholesome" diet included farm-fresh butter and eggs.
For chicken broth with a great, silky texture and delicate flavor, throw chicken feet into the pot—they're rich in collagen, which adds body and plenty of amino acids to the stock.
Avoid eggs from "vegetarian-fed" hens and choose ones from pastured hens instead. The best eggs come from birds that are free to forage for seeds, sprouts, grubs and insects.
Don't cut the fat out of vegetable dishes like the radishes below. Whether from butter, lard or olive oil, fat is essential for helping the body absorb nutrients.