- Why You Should Be Making Stock All Summer Long
- 5 Alternative Takes on Hollandaise Sauce for Your Eggs Benedict
- The Easiest Way to Fillet a Fish
- The Link Between Healthy Gums and a Perfectly Trussed Chicken
- Steak Tips from the Pros
- What Do You Do with a Ton of Cheese and No Knife?
- The Year in Food on Her Secret Vegetable Sauce
- Video: F&W’s Mad Genius Tips Turn Household Objects Into Essential Kitchen Tools
- Never Buy Salad Dressing Again
- The Magic Trick to Saving Money on Herbs
In The Nourished Kitchen, Blogger Jennifer McGruther looks to the past for healthy inspiration, back to an era when a "wholesome" diet included farm-fresh butter and eggs.
For chicken broth with a great, silky texture and delicate flavor, throw chicken feet into the pot—they're rich in collagen, which adds body and plenty of amino acids to the stock.
Avoid eggs from "vegetarian-fed" hens and choose ones from pastured hens instead. The best eggs come from birds that are free to forage for seeds, sprouts, grubs and insects.
Don't cut the fat out of vegetable dishes like the radishes below. Whether from butter, lard or olive oil, fat is essential for helping the body absorb nutrients.