- A Napa Valley Sommelier’s Go-To
- A Pinot Noir that Tastes Like Rocks (In a Good Way!)
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- A Sparkling Wine You Can Drink Every Day
- Pinot Noir’s Next Hot Region?
- Greece's Answer to Pinot Noir
- Finally, A Good, Cheap Pinot Noir
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- A Red You Can Take to the Beach
- My First House White
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Emily Kaiser Thelin, Writer and F&W Contributor
Why: “This wine is often sold for $8.99 or 9.99 at my favorite grocery store, Monterey Market ,” says Thelin. “It's juicy, lightly spicy and fruity, and just tannic enough to go with practically anything—from roast chicken to seared pork chops to salmon to many a beany vegetarian dish.” She also likes this little bonus: The wine is made by Tuscan superstar Attilio Pagli.