- A Go-To Cocktail Party Red
- 3 Cheap Wines to Pair with Salads
- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- 3 Wines To Try If You Love a Pumpkin Latte
- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- Lively and Smoky: Red Muscadet
- A Fantastic Finger Lakes Riesling
- A Fruity and Savory Under-$15 Cabernet
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
- A Sicilian Red Wine with a Do-Gooder Story
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Emily Kaiser Thelin, Writer and F&W Contributor
Why: “This wine is often sold for $8.99 or 9.99 at my favorite grocery store, Monterey Market ,” says Thelin. “It's juicy, lightly spicy and fruity, and just tannic enough to go with practically anything—from roast chicken to seared pork chops to salmon to many a beany vegetarian dish.” She also likes this little bonus: The wine is made by Tuscan superstar Attilio Pagli.