- 7 Crave-Worthy Fall Desserts
- Cooking Meat Low and Slow Might Reduce Your Cancer Risk
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Fall Soups You Can Make in a Blender
- How to Upgrade Applesauce
- 7 Recipes That Prove Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Are BFFs
- Here's Why You Only Crave Tomato Juice on a Plane
- 5 Best Beaujolais Nouveau Pairings
- 5 Cheesy French Onion Soups
- 5 Best Pumpkin Brunch Recipes
Now there's another reason to love quinoa. During Passover grains that rise are forbidden, but technically quinoa is not a grain (it doesn't grow on grasses). This year, the Orthodox Union has given certain brands of quinoa the "kosher for Passover" stamp of approval. Here, eight fantastic quinoa dishes to include at this year's Seder.
1. Roasted Delicata Squash with Quinoa Salad
This terrific vegetarian dish features squash topped with quinoa, arugula, apple and fresh herbs.
2. Chicken and Quinoa "Fried Rice"
Swap white rice for quinoa to make this delicious Asian-inspired dish.
3. Warm Quinoa Salad with Carrots and Grilled Chicken
This healthy dish is ready in just 35 minutes.
4. Lemony Quinoa Salad with Shaved Vegetables
Nutty-tasting quinoa and crunchy fresh vegetables star in this vitamin-rich salad.
5. Quinoa-Leek Pilaf
This fluffy version the the classic rice dish is made with tender leeks.
6. Roasted Carrot Salad with Toasted Quinoa and Goat Cheese
Ready in just 20 minutes, this delicious salad can easily be made ahead of time.
7. Quinoa Tabbouleh
This version of the Middle Eastern classic features quinoa instead of bulgur wheat.