- Beer-Spiked Desserts for Memorial Day
- 9 Super-Tasty Meatless Burgers for Memorial Day
- Ultimate Summer Cake Bucket List
- 7 Kid-Friendly Foods to Grill for Memorial Day
- 7 Cheese-Filled Snacks for Memorial Day
- 9 Upgrades for Classic Party Dips
- What to Eat at a Dad-chelor Shower
- 5 Crunchy Snack Mix Recipes
- 10 Grown-Up Recipes for a Halloween Cocktail Party
- 10 Ways to Use Chocolate Chips (Other than in Chocolate Chip Cookies)
Evidence is piling up that suggests saturated fat, long vilified as a health hazard, might not actually be bad for us at all. There's plenty of debate on that position, but consensus does seem to be emerging that sugar and low-fiber refined flours are the real trouble, and there's little doubt that the fats in nuts and olive oil and fish have health benefits. Here, 5 dishes that almost everyone will agree are good for you.
1. Avocado Tartare
A fun riff on steak tartare, this vegetarian version is made with finely diced avocados, which are high in unsaturated (good for you) fat.
2. Buckwheat Crêpes with Olive Oil-Fried Eggs
Instead of flipping the eggs, baste them with olive oil.
3. Fruit-and-Nut Trail Mix
This healthy snack features roasted almonds, cashews and walnuts mixed with dried fruits.
4. Greek Salad Skewers with Anchovy Aioli
Ready in just 30 minutes, these simple hors d'oeuvres are made with fresh feta cheese.
5. Crispy Salmon with Fennel Slaw
F&W chef-in-residence Hugh Acheson's delicious salmon is rich in Omega-3, a healthy fatty acid.