- 7 Cheese-Filled Snacks for Memorial Day
- 9 Upgrades for Classic Party Dips
- What to Eat at a Dad-chelor Shower
- 5 Crunchy Snack Mix Recipes
- 10 Grown-Up Recipes for a Halloween Cocktail Party
- 10 Ways to Use Chocolate Chips (Other than in Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- 7 Best Marsala Dishes to Celebrate the 2015 Pantone Color of the Year
- 7 Desserts You Can Make with Sour Cream
- Skip the Bacon: 9 Best Vegetarian Breakfasts to Make This Weekend
- 7 Best Eggless Breakfasts
When he introduced it in 2010, chef Charleen Badman's leek gratin became so popular that it inspired a Twitter hashtag: #leekapalooza. Today, the dish remains one of the most-requested at Scottsdale, Arizona's FnB restaurant. If you can't make it there for Badman's leeks, here are 12 other exceptional leek recipes to try.
1. Roasted Leeks with Yogurt and Shaved Toasted Walnuts
Salt Lake City chef Viet Pham tops these golden, crispy leeks with tangy yogurt.
2. Carrot and Leek Quesadillas
These super-easy vegetarian quesadillas are made with cheddar cheese, Sriracha and honey.
3. Roasted Leek and White Bean Gratin
Fiber-rich cannellini beans and roasted leeks are delicious topped with bubbly Gruyère cheese.
4. Potato-Leek Foccacia
Leeks make a fantastic topping for this healthy flatbread.
5. Leek Salad with Persimmons and Almonds
F&W chef-in-residence Hugh Acheson's terrific salad features butter-braised leeks, thin wedges of persimmon and crumbled feta cheese.
6. Swiss Chard and leek Gratin
Blanched chard, sautéed leeks and a creamy two-cheese sauce star in Michael Symon's delicious gratin.
7. Leeks Two Ways with Wild Mushrooms
"Listen to me: Leek is a vegetable," says chef José Andrés. "It can be the center of the dish." Here, he pairs tender leeks with trumpet mushrooms.
8. Simplest Chicken-and-Leek Stew
Ready in just 45 minutes, this lovely stew is perfect for spring.
9. Bacon-and-Leek Quiche
This incredible, savory quiche is great for breakfast or dinner.
10. Fusilli with Creamy Leek Sauce
Lemon-flavored leek sauce is a fast, easy and light way to top pasta.
11. Leek-and-Mushroom Croquettes
These incredible fritters feature shiitake mushrooms and freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
12. Leek Mac and Cheese
Upgrade the classic pasta dish with sautéed leeks and nutty Manchego cheese.