- Fight Scurvy with Ceviche
- Hugue Dufour to Eat Caviar by the Shovelful
- Chef Russell Moore’s Booze-pocalypse
- Traci Des Jardins Will Be Awake When the World Ends
- How to Survive on Bacon
- Tyler Brown’s Well-Seasoned Survival Kit
- Why Every Emergency Pack Needs a Frying Pan
- Two Out of Two Bills Agree: Ramen is Essential
- James Winberg’s End of the World Plan
- Landon Schoenefeld’s Magic Bread
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, à la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Chef Steven Satterfield of Miller Union in Atlanta would pack light. “I’d grab a jar of almond butter, some crackers and cheese, and my cat,” he says. “I’d put everything in the backpack and run.” Let’s just hope his cat likes almond butter.