- Sonja Finn’s Bartending Workout
- Drink Like the Spanish, Drink Vermouth
- The Rebirth of Cincinnati’s Beer Scene
- Aaron Burgau Doesn’t Want Your Craft Beer
- Fernet and Coke is the New Rum and Coke
- Kevin Gillespie Thinks American Beer is Great, but German Beer is Better
- Megan Garrelts Mulls Over Hot Cider
- An Honest Pale Ale
- The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread is Beer Made with Bread
- Bitter Cocktails Even Campari-Haters Will Love
After a night on the line, most chefs have a go-to drink, from cheap beer to a house bartender’s expert cocktail. Here, star chefs reveal their favorite drinks.
“I do a gin and tonic, that will really get me going for the night,” says Chicago chef Ryan Poli. “There are all these great new tonics out there right now that are really flavorful.” When it comes to beer, he opts for Gumballhead, a wheat ale from Indiana brewery Three Floyds. As for wine, he doesn’t drink much of it. “But I do like something sparkly like cava,” he says.