- A Brilliant Biodynamic White from Oregon
- Ever Wanted to Taste a Watermelon Cloud?
- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- An Austrian White for Your Chinese Takeout
- In Defense of Cabernet Franc
- A $10 Red Made By a Tuscan Superstar
- A Pinot Noir that Tastes Like Rocks (In a Good Way!)
- A Napa Valley Sommelier’s Go-To
- A Sparkling Wine You Can Drink Every Day
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Christian Eck, sommelier, Art and Soul in Washington, DC
Why: “Full bodied, slightly dry and high acidity make this a go-to white for me during the cold winter and the heavier meals it brings. I like to open this bottle and enjoy it with a book. It is also a good pair with soups, stews, and roast pork or vegetables.”
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.