- How to Survive on Bacon
- Chef Russell Moore’s Booze-pocalypse
- Traci Des Jardins Will Be Awake When the World Ends
- Two Out of Two Bills Agree: Ramen is Essential
- Tyler Brown’s Well-Seasoned Survival Kit
- Why Every Emergency Pack Needs a Frying Pan
- The World’s Most Expensive Emergency Kit
- James Winberg’s End of the World Plan
- Landon Schoenefeld’s Magic Bread
- Chef Nancy Silverton’s Italian Emergency Pack
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, à la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Chef Susan Spicer of Bayona and Mondo in New Orleans would pack lime and chiles in the hopes that she would find some fish and make ceviche. “At least I wouldn’t get scurvy,” she says. Start practicing your own scurvy-prevention ceviche at home with these delicious recipes.