- 5 Survival Soups
- Kevin Sbraga’s Apocalyptic Comfort Food
- Ryan Lowder’s Spicy Survival Snack
- Alon Shaya’s Big Green Nest Egg
- Don’t Mess with Kyle Bailey’s Spoon
- Why You Should Camp with Canola
- Jordan Kahn’s Calming Herbs
- Give This Chef Caviar or Give Him Death
- Dale Talde’s Retro Sugar Fix
- How to Make Biscuits When the World is Ending
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, à la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Chef Susan Spicer of Bayona and Mondo in New Orleans would pack lime and chiles in the hopes that she would find some fish and make ceviche. “At least I wouldn’t get scurvy,” she says. Start practicing your own scurvy-prevention ceviche at home with these delicious recipes.