- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- A Stunning $17 White Burgundy
- 3 Wines To Try If You Love a Pumpkin Latte
- Lively and Smoky: Red Muscadet
- The German Wine You Probably Never Heard of, but Should Be Drinking
- A Fantastic Finger Lakes Riesling
- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity and Savory Under-$15 Cabernet
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Adam Morey, manager and buyer, Empire Wines, Albany, NY
Why: “This little Spanish gem is my personal go-to,” says Morey. The dark-fruited wine is made from 100 percent Cencibel (the local name for Tempranillo in La Mancha). “The purity of fruit here is astonishing for a wine that retails for just $10.95 per bottle. It’s one of the most exciting values I have tasted in quite some time.”
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.