- 9 Signs You're in a Real Dive Bar
- 5 Things to Do This Weekend to Prep for Thanksgiving
- Win Your Friendsgiving with This No-Fail Menu
- 6 Key Decisions to Make Before Your First Thanksgiving
- Types of Tea
- Why You Should Be Using Buckwheat Groats
- Cigar Sommelier Giuseppe Ruo on Cigar Etiquette and Why Cubans are the Best
- 7 Best Simple Chocolate Cakes
- 6 Ways to Make Stuffing
- DIY Scotch Tasting Party
Unlike ground beef, ground pork is a blank slate for adding punchy flavor. And because it’s fattier than ground turkey, it makes everything from meatballs to lettuce wraps super luscious. Here are 10 ways to use this unsung hero.
1. Burgers. Flavor ground pork with ginger, scallions and garlic, or lemongrass, herbs and fish sauce for stellar Asian-inflected burgers. Or go a totally different route and mix ground pork with bacon for burgers inspired by Southern barbecue.
2. Lettuce wraps. Cook ground pork with fish sauce, sugar, lime, garlic, shallot and chiles, then toss it with herbs and serve in lettuce leaves for a quick version of larb the spicy, punchy Thai salad.
3. Grape leaves. Use ground pork in a filling for Middle Eastern–style stuffed grape leaves.
4. Dirty rice. Make a simplified version of New Orleans dirty rice by adding ground pork instead of chicken giblets and sausage.
8. Clams. Pork with clams is a classic pairing in some parts of the world. For a Chinese interpretation, cook ground pork with clams before stirring in super-savory black bean sauce.