- 9 Cocktails to Make for Mother's Day
- The Ultimate Not-Taco Cinco de Mayo Menu
- How to Make Jody Adams' Zuchinni Fritters
- 3 Wines to Pair with Grilled Shrimp
- 7 Expert Taco Tips from Aarón Sánchez
- The Ultimate Make-Ahead Derby Party Menu
- 5 Recipes to Celebrate National Raisin Day
- Make Chef Kenny Gilbert’s Multipurpose Florida BBQ Sauce
- 3 Ways to Make Hot Wings Healthier
- What to Drink with Chicken Wings
Unlike ground beef, ground pork is a blank slate for adding punchy flavor. And because it’s fattier than ground turkey, it makes everything from meatballs to lettuce wraps super luscious. Here are 10 ways to use this unsung hero.
1. Burgers. Flavor ground pork with ginger, scallions and garlic, or lemongrass, herbs and fish sauce for stellar Asian-inflected burgers. Or go a totally different route and mix ground pork with bacon for burgers inspired by Southern barbecue.
2. Lettuce wraps. Cook ground pork with fish sauce, sugar, lime, garlic, shallot and chiles, then toss it with herbs and serve in lettuce leaves for a quick version of larb the spicy, punchy Thai salad.
3. Grape leaves. Use ground pork in a filling for Middle Eastern–style stuffed grape leaves.
4. Dirty rice. Make a simplified version of New Orleans dirty rice by adding ground pork instead of chicken giblets and sausage.
8. Clams. Pork with clams is a classic pairing in some parts of the world. For a Chinese interpretation, cook ground pork with clams before stirring in super-savory black bean sauce.