- 3 Wines To Try If You Love a Pumpkin Latte
- A Stunning $17 White Burgundy
- Lively and Smoky: Red Muscadet
- A Fantastic Finger Lakes Riesling
- The German Wine You Probably Never Heard of, but Should Be Drinking
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- An $11 Red from Madrid
- A Fruity and Savory Under-$15 Cabernet
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Why: "When grown in the right place and crafted with the right hands, Cabernet Franc has the potential of other noble grapes, like Cabernet Sauvignon," says Lindsay-Thorsen. This Cabernet Franc, from Charles Joguet in Chinon in France's Loire Valley is a classic example of the wine. "It has notes of crushed violet and freshly tilled soil along with ashy tannins and vibrant acidity," he says. It's a terrific wine for drinking with all kinds of food.
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.