- The Real Super Bowl Matchup: Carbs Vs. Protein
- 11 Game-Day Snacks for Viewers Only Interested in the Puppy Bowl
- The Recipes You Need for Super Bowl Sunday
- Beyond Hot Wings: 11 Crazy Foods to Buffalo for the Super Bowl
- 10 Ways Cheese Wins the Super Bowl
- 5 Beers That Are Perfect for a Super Bowl Pork Fest
- 10 Super Bowl Snacks to Eat with Your Hands
- Truffled Popcorn and Rosé Champagne: How F&W Followers Toast the Super Bowl
- Is Kale the New Hot Game Day Snack?
- 7 Big-Batch Super Bowl Drinks to Upstage Cheap Beer
This Sunday, Americans are expected to consume 104 million pounds of avocados. Here are 10 delicious ways to make guacamole, from traditional to deliciously inauthentic.
3. Cheesy. Make a guacamole-nachos mash-up and top your dip with melted cheese.
4. Fruity. Adding mango to guacamole is hardly traditional but it’s a ubiquitous twist at restaurants. For an even chunkier mango-avocado guac, add crisp jicama. Add oranges and pineapple for a sweet and juicy dip. Or top with pomegranate seeds for an antioxidant boost.
6. Creamy. To make your guacamole luscious and smooth, add some mayo. Bonus: Your dip doubles as a sandwich spread.
7. Boozy. For a margarita-inspired dip, spike guacamole with a little tequila or mezcal.
9. Extra-spicy. Use not just one but three kinds of chiles. And why not try more?
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.