- Super Bowl Exposé: How Do They Make Those Giant Party Subs?
- 5 Beer Cocktails for Your Super Bowl Party
- 5 Ways to Experiment with Gluten-Free Flour
- 7 Luxurious Private Wine Tastings
- The Hot Sauce Field Guide
- 6 Store-Bought Super Bowl Snacks
- How to Throw an Extra-Crispy Super Bowl Party
- 6 Dubai Photographers to Follow on Instagram
- How to Temper Chocolate and Make Amazing DIY Chocolate Bars
- What To Eat While You Watch the Iowa Caucus Results Come In
Musty old wine books will tell you that eggs are hard to pair with wine, but it's not really true. Here are 10 match-ups that show how great eggs and wine can be together.
Bacon-and-Egg Pizza with off-dry Riesling. You're not pairing with wine with eggs; you're pairing wine with pizza. This one has so much richness (from bacon, cream, crème fraîche, Brie and mozzarella) that a little sugar helps the wine compete.
Lao Omelet with Dill, Scallion and Thai Chile with Albariño. High-acid Albariño is refreshing, which is exactly what you want with an assertively spicy and salty dish like this.
Sherried Mushrooms with Fried Eggs on Toast with Pinot Noir. Mushrooms are never not delicious with red wine, especially an earthy one.
Eggs Baked Over Sautéed Mushrooms and Spinach with Beaujolais. Again, earthy mushrooms and spinach make the pairing work.
Poached Eggs with Parmesan and Smoked Salmon Toasts with Champagne. Champagne is a sure thing with eggs (and almost anything else), thanks to its palate-resetting acidity.
Yukon Gold Potato, Leek and Fromage Blanc Frittata with Napa Sauvignon Blanc. A lemony, warm-climate Sauvignon blanc is tasty with this cheesy potato fritatta.
Smoky Deviled Eggs with Sparkling Rosé. A smoky, spicy sparkling rosé will match smoky pimentón.
Smothered Cauliflower with Eggs with Oregon Pinot Gris. A full-bodied, fruity white works with rich, stewy egg dishes.
Asparagus and Bok-Choy Frittata with unoaked Chardonnay. Moreso than eggs, asparagus is a natural enemy of wine. But citrusy, unoaked whites work just fine with the hard-to-pair vegetable.
Italian Ramen with Gavi. A luscious soft-boiled egg tops this herby, Italian-inspired noodle soup. An herby Italian white is a natural match.