- An Awesome Trick for Making DIY Chocolates
- Move Over Southern Divas, We Have the Trick for Flaky Biscuits
- How to Peel a Tomatillo in 10 Seconds
- How to Peel 3 Hard-Boiled Eggs in 15 Seconds
- The Link Between Healthy Gums and a Perfectly Trussed Chicken
- How to Make Garlic Paste in a Baggie
- Nothing Says "I Love You" Like Fluffy Pancake Hearts
- The Only Reason You Should Ever Buy White Bread
- Never Have Kiwi Fur Stuck in Your Throat Again
- If You’re Not Prepping Zucchini Like This, You’re Doing It Wrong
Ever made a meringue, custard, macarons, pudding or anything else that requires separating a whole bunch of eggs at once? F&W Test Kitchen guru Justin Chapple came up with a nifty trick that uses a plastic water bottle to beam up yolks from a bowl of eggs, above. This is just his first clip in our new series of Mad Genius Tips.
Check back each week for the latest MGT videos, which employ everything from dental floss to plastic baggies to solve common kitchen frustrations. In honor of Justin's debut technique, we're obsessing over eggs online through Friday. Follow along and share your best egg tricks and recipes using the hashtag #madgeniustips.