- Chris Pandel’s End-of-the-World Pigs
- 5 Survival Soups
- Don’t Let the Cat Out of the Bag Because it’s the Apocalypse
- Kevin Gillespie Really, Really Likes Beans
- Alon Shaya’s Big Green Nest Egg
- Kevin Sbraga’s Apocalyptic Comfort Food
- Ryan Lowder’s Spicy Survival Snack
- Jordan Kahn’s Calming Herbs
- Don’t Mess with Kyle Bailey’s Spoon
- Why You Should Camp with Canola
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, a la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Legendary California chef Traci Des Jardins treats her espresso machines like family. “La Pavoni is my first love, and I have a machine that I’ve actually had since I was 16,” she says. “I keep it in shape, it’s my baby.” So when the apocalypse hits she’ll be packing some coffee beans and a coffee maker. “It’s pretty important for me to have a great cup of coffee to start every day,” she says. “I would be greatly hindered by not having that."