- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Pinot Noir that Tastes Like Rocks (In a Good Way!)
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- A Sparkling Wine You Can Drink Every Day
- A Go-To Cocktail Party Red
- A Napa Valley Sommelier’s Go-To
- Finally, A Good, Cheap Pinot Noir
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- A Red You Can Take to the Beach
- Pinot Noir’s Next Hot Region?
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Mike Robertson, wine buyer, Greene Grape, Brooklyn
What: 2012 Domaine de Servans Côtes du Rhône, $13
Why: “This is a super-drinkable Côtes du Rhône that is very versatile with food, especially the stews and roasts I enjoy at this time of year,” says Robertson. “It’s the kind of wine that I like to keep a few bottles of on hand at all times, just in case. You never know when you’ll need a delicious bottle of red that isn’t too special to just pop open.”