- Hugue Dufour to Eat Caviar by the Shovelful
- Mike Brown’s Emergency Tortilla Plan
- Traci Des Jardins Will Be Awake When the World Ends
- How to Survive on Bacon
- Chef Russell Moore’s Booze-pocalypse
- Why Every Emergency Pack Needs a Frying Pan
- Two Out of Two Bills Agree: Ramen is Essential
- Tyler Brown’s Well-Seasoned Survival Kit
- Landon Schoenefeld’s Magic Bread
- The World’s Most Expensive Emergency Kit
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, a la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Chef James Winberg of Travail Kitchen & Amusements in Robbinsdale, Minnesota, keeps his emergency pack simple. On his list: a bottle of whiskey, multiple packs of cigarettes and an iPhone for the GPS (if the satellites are still in working condition). For food he would pack a juicy rib eye and pasta.