- Fight Scurvy with Ceviche
- Ryan Lowder’s Spicy Survival Snack
- Alon Shaya’s Big Green Nest Egg
- Kevin Sbraga’s Apocalyptic Comfort Food
- Why You Should Camp with Canola
- Jordan Kahn’s Calming Herbs
- Don’t Mess with Kyle Bailey’s Spoon
- Dale Talde’s Retro Sugar Fix
- Give This Chef Caviar or Give Him Death
- How to Make Biscuits When the World is Ending
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, a la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Chef James Winberg of Travail Kitchen & Amusements in Robbinsdale, Minnesota, keeps his emergency pack simple. On his list: a bottle of whiskey, multiple packs of cigarettes and an iPhone for the GPS (if the satellites are still in working condition). For food he would pack a juicy rib eye and pasta.