- A Napa Valley Sommelier’s Go-To
- A Pinot Noir that Tastes Like Rocks (In a Good Way!)
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- A Sparkling Wine You Can Drink Every Day
- Pinot Noir’s Next Hot Region?
- Greece's Answer to Pinot Noir
- Finally, A Good, Cheap Pinot Noir
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- A Red You Can Take to the Beach
- My First House White
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
What: 2012 Cleto Chiarli Vecchia Lambrusco from Modena in Emilia-Romagna, Italy
Why: Vilardi recommends this lightly fizzy red from central Italy to people who don’t like the usual sparkling wine at a cocktail party. “Plus, the low alcohol content also allows you to start drinking at 6 p.m., and still feel great when you wake up at 6 a.m.,” she says.