- 3 Wines To Try If You Love a Pumpkin Latte
- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- Lively and Smoky: Red Muscadet
- A Fantastic Finger Lakes Riesling
- The German Wine You Probably Never Heard of, but Should Be Drinking
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
- A Sicilian Red Wine with a Do-Gooder Story
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- An $11 Red from Madrid
- A Virginia Chardonnay That's Amazing with Seafood
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Mark Wrobel, beverage buyer and educator at Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread & Wine and Bar Pastoral in Chicago
What: 2011 Domaine Mas Dieu Erau Cabernet Sauvignon, Languedoc, France
Why: "Erau is a great introduction to the lighter side of Cabernet Sauvignon," says Mark Wrobel. While the wine is brimming with the red currant and black cherry flavors that are normally associated with Cab, this wine also has savory notes and bright acidity. All of this and it's organically farmed.