- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- 3 Wines To Try If You Love a Pumpkin Latte
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity and Savory Under-$15 Cabernet
- A Fantastic Finger Lakes Riesling
- A Sicilian Red Wine with a Do-Gooder Story
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- A Virginia Chardonnay That's Amazing with Seafood
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Charles Antin, wine specialist at Christie’s, Food & Wine contributor
Why: "It goes against popular wine thought to age a Muscadet for 11 years but in some cases it works," says Antin. This super mineral wine is made from grapes grown on very old vines—30 to 80 years old. To give the wine its complexity and concentration, it's aged on its lees (the yeast particles left after fermentation) for seven years (!) before it's bottled. "Plus, I lived in Muscadet country around when this wine was harvested, so there is a nostalgic element," Antin says.