- Hot Dog or Legs? Plus: How to Train a Baby to Shake a Martini
- Will Raw Horse Ice Cream Be the Next Chunky Monkey?
- The World's First Fry Museum, How to Open Beer Like a Pilot
- Wacky Global Fast Foods
- Support the Seattle Seahawks with Skittle Sausages
- This Week on the Web: Cat Doughnuts, Sad Cakes and More
- 'Jersey Shore' Star Restores the Shore, Gets Spinoff Food Show
- Cooking Your Wife and Other Food Crimes
- The Future of Food: Canned Bugs, Ramen Pizza & Fast Food Frankensteins
- Weird, Wacky Vending Machine Cuisine
The Internet is a black hole for strange, weird and wonderful things—especially when it comes to food. Rather than dive in yourself, let F&W do it for you.
Mummified Meat: The ancient Egyptians were dry-aging steaks way before it was trendy. Researchers have uncovered a mummified beef rib in the tomb of the parents of Queen Tiye. It was cooked, wrapped up and then embalmed in the same manner as a person.
Cinnabon-Flavored Vodka: Everyone’s favorite mall treat can now get you drunk. Pinnacle Vodka, whose flavors include whipped cream and rainbow sherbet, has released a Cinnabon-flavored vodka, perfect for when you when you need that sugary fix but don’t want to leave the house and also would like to get a little buzzed.
Robot Hotel: The future is at hand. China’s Pengheng Space Capsules Hotel is staffed almost entirely by robots with only a few humans on staff, presumably to change batteries once in a while. The robots are doormen, they check you in at the front desk, and they even bring you the food you ordered via tablet. Judging from the pictures, the robots occasionally have heart-shaped “eyes.” That’s the type of service you just can’t get from humans.
Champagne Vending Machine: Moët & Chandon have installed vending machines in the Christmas section of Selfridges in England that dispense mini bottles of Champagne. They should be perfect for on-the-go celebrations or quick relief from the craziness of holiday shopping.
Haute Kid Cuisine: At Lil Buco in Austin, kids can hone their fine dining sensibilities with dishes like sous-vide Pop-Tarts, SpaghettiOs gazpacho and a tasting of cereals.