- 6 Ways to Make Stuffing
- Serve Something Fresh and Tangy for Dessert
- Thanksgiving Wine Pairings for Every Course
- Instead of Pies, Make Pie Bars
- Instead of Cranberry Sauce, Try Chutney
- 5 Ways to Amp Up Any Gravy
- 5 Value Wines for a Crowd
- 5 Surefire Ways to Botch Thanksgiving
- 6 Ways to Change Up the Bird
- A Thanksgiving Red to Buy by the Case
F&W gathers ideas for every part of the meal from some of the best, most creative cooks we know.
Soup is not the greatest party food for a crowd—it spills on the way from the kitchen, and it gets cold while you wait for everyone to be served. Hors d'oeuvres, on the other hand, offer immediate gratification.
Almost-Instant Hors d'Oeuvres
Greek Shrimp Dip Stir tzatziki (Greek cucumber-yogurt sauce) with chopped cooked shrimp and serve with pita.
Snack Mix Toss toasted, salted pumpkin seeds with popped sorghum or Pop'd Kerns (popdkerns.com).
Oyster Buns Fill refrigerated biscuit dough (from a tube) with smoked oysters, form into buns and bake.
White Bean Dip Blend canned white beans with pesto and lemon juice and serve with celery and sliced fennel.