- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- A Stunning $17 White Burgundy
- 3 Wines To Try If You Love a Pumpkin Latte
- Lively and Smoky: Red Muscadet
- The German Wine You Probably Never Heard of, but Should Be Drinking
- A Fantastic Finger Lakes Riesling
- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity and Savory Under-$15 Cabernet
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Brad Ball, proprietor and wine director, Social Wine Bar, Charleston, South Carolina
Why: “This medium-bodied wine is the perfect fall red, brimming with bright red fruits of pomegranate and red cherry, and intense floral notes of rose petal and geranium,” says Brad Ball. The wine is produced from the indigenous Mencía grape, which grows on some of the most dramatic vineyards in the world in northwest Spain. “It’s also just straight up delicious!” he says.