- A Brilliant Biodynamic White from Oregon
- Ever Wanted to Taste a Watermelon Cloud?
- Last-Gasp-of-Winter White
- An Austrian White for Your Chinese Takeout
- In Defense of Cabernet Franc
- A $10 Red Made By a Tuscan Superstar
- A Pinot Noir that Tastes Like Rocks (In a Good Way!)
- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Sparkling Wine You Can Drink Every Day
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Brad Ball, proprietor and wine director, Social Wine Bar, Charleston, South Carolina
Why: “This medium-bodied wine is the perfect fall red, brimming with bright red fruits of pomegranate and red cherry, and intense floral notes of rose petal and geranium,” says Brad Ball. The wine is produced from the indigenous Mencía grape, which grows on some of the most dramatic vineyards in the world in northwest Spain. “It’s also just straight up delicious!” he says.