- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Pinot Noir that Tastes Like Rocks (In a Good Way!)
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- A Sparkling Wine You Can Drink Every Day
- A Go-To Cocktail Party Red
- A Napa Valley Sommelier’s Go-To
- Finally, A Good, Cheap Pinot Noir
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- A Red You Can Take to the Beach
- Pinot Noir’s Next Hot Region?
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Brad Ball, proprietor and wine director, Social Wine Bar, Charleston, South Carolina
Why: “This medium-bodied wine is the perfect fall red, brimming with bright red fruits of pomegranate and red cherry, and intense floral notes of rose petal and geranium,” says Brad Ball. The wine is produced from the indigenous Mencía grape, which grows on some of the most dramatic vineyards in the world in northwest Spain. “It’s also just straight up delicious!” he says.