- It's in the Bag
- What to Eat Late-Night at Chez Panisse
- Rise of the Foodniks
- These Spicy-Sticky Wings Are a San Francisco Classic
- Rising Star of the Midwest: Indianapolis
- San Francisco's Restaurant Revival
- 4 Places to Go in Bogotá
- 5 Fixes for Vegetarian Sandwich Fatigue
- Have these Sydney Chefs Invented the New Avocado Toast?
- Los Angeles's New Mezze Mavericks
Making wheat berries for breakfast can require waking up before sunrise, since the grains take at least an hour to cook. But, thanks to new flash-freezing technology, excellent precooked whole grains like barley, quinoa and wheat berries are ready in the time it takes to brew coffee. F&W's Justin Chapple turns frozen grains into a porridge that's great with all kinds of toppings.
New Takes on Hot Cereal
Substitute pumpkin puree for the banana; top with roasted pepitasand drizzle with pumpkin seed oil.
Coconut Breakfast Cereal
Stir in coconut milk; top with toasted coconut flakes and kiwi, mango and pineapple slices.
Apple Pie for Breakfast
Mix in baked diced apples and top with pieces of baked pie crust.
Whole Grains with Poached Egg
Skip the banana; instead, stir in more oats during cooking to thicken the porridge; top with a poached egg, sesame seeds and scallions; drizzle with sesame oil.
Stir in nut butter and grape jelly; top with chopped peanuts.