- Put Down the Green Beer and Drink These 7 Green Drinks
- 8 Cocktails to Try If You Love a Margarita
- 6 Boozy Strawberry Recipes
- The Caipirinha: Hard to Pronounce, Easy to Make
- 7 Ways to Transform the Appletini into a Respectable Cocktail
- The 10 Greatest Fruity Margaritas
- 10 Underrated Tequila Cocktails
- Barrel-Aged Tequila Is the New Scotch
- Porrons Are the New Pitchers
- 7 Brunchy Whiskey Drinks for Moms Who Want Something Stronger Than a Mimosa
F&W's executive wine editor is truly a good sport. He broke out his weekend gear (left) and popped by the Today Show this morning to drink Green Goblin Cider and The Velvet Devil Merlot with Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb. Here, some of his top bottles to buy this Halloween.
Angry Orchard Crisp Apple: Cider has exploded in popularity over the past couple of years. Angry Orchard is from the same people who make Sam Adams. Widely available, it's an American type cider—that is, lightly sweet and crisp. Plus it's got spooky trees blowing in the wind on the label ($9 suggested retail for a six-pack).
Green Goblin Cider: How can you argue with a goblin-labeled cider for Halloween? He's a creepy looking creature, but the cider's great, in a classic English dry style ($5 for a 500ml bottle).
Charles Smith The Velvet Devil Merlot: A perfect Halloween wine, because (a) it's got a big black pitchfork on the label and (b) it's really rich and silky (or velvety), with lots of dark fruit flavor. It's from Washington State ($12).
Watch Ray bob for cider with Today's Kathie Lee and Hoda, here.
Related: Halloween Cocktails