- A Go-To Cocktail Party Red
- 3 Cheap Wines to Pair with Salads
- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- A Sancerre Stunt Double
- A Stunning $17 White Burgundy
- 3 Wines To Try If You Love a Pumpkin Latte
- Lively and Smoky: Red Muscadet
- The German Wine You Probably Never Heard of, but Should Be Drinking
- An Italian Red That’s Best Served Chilled
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Julia Weinberg, director of partnerships and alliances of the must-download wine app Delectable.
What: 2012 Domaine La Grange Tiphaine, Bel Air Touraine Amboise Chenin Blanc
Why: "I'm an incorrigible sucker for Chenin Blanc," says Weinberg. "The fact that this white wine can range from simple refreshment to complex seriousness makes me all the more fond." Her wine pick from France's Loire Valley illustrates the first style: featherweight texture, aromas of rocks and quince and plenty of mouth-watering acidity. "It's a pick-me-up that feels like a kinder and gentler version of smelling salts," she says.