- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fantastic Finger Lakes Riesling
- A Fruity and Savory Under-$15 Cabernet
- Mineral, Energetic Riesling
- A Sicilian Red Wine with a Do-Gooder Story
- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- An $11 Red from Madrid
- A Virginia Chardonnay That's Amazing with Seafood
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Julia Weinberg, director of partnerships and alliances of the must-download wine app Delectable.
What: 2012 Domaine La Grange Tiphaine, Bel Air Touraine Amboise Chenin Blanc
Why: "I'm an incorrigible sucker for Chenin Blanc," says Weinberg. "The fact that this white wine can range from simple refreshment to complex seriousness makes me all the more fond." Her wine pick from France's Loire Valley illustrates the first style: featherweight texture, aromas of rocks and quince and plenty of mouth-watering acidity. "It's a pick-me-up that feels like a kinder and gentler version of smelling salts," she says.