- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity and Savory Under-$15 Cabernet
- A Fantastic Finger Lakes Riesling
- A Sicilian Red Wine with a Do-Gooder Story
- Mineral, Energetic Riesling
- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- A Virginia Chardonnay That's Amazing with Seafood
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Anthony Giglio, wine writer and speaker extraordinaire
What: Hope Family Wines Troublemaker Blend 6
Why: “Austin Hope’s Troublemaker satisfies both sides of my wine-drinking brain,” says Giglio. On one side, he craves the spicy wines of France’s Rhône Valley; while the other side wants lots of fruit, which makes the wines easy to drink. Troublemaker delivers Rhône-inspired finesse and New World gulpability. To keep the price down and the wine consistent, it is made with a mix of vintages. “Drink it with food. Without food. It's delicious,” says Giglio. Note: This wine might seem like a bit of a cheat: The official suggested retail price of the bottle is $20. That said, it’s widely available around the country for less than $17.