- A Go-To Cocktail Party Red
- 3 Cheap Wines to Pair with Salads
- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- 3 Wines To Try If You Love a Pumpkin Latte
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity and Savory Under-$15 Cabernet
- A Fantastic Finger Lakes Riesling
- A Sicilian Red Wine with a Do-Gooder Story
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Joe Salamone, wine buyer at Crush Wine & Spirits in New York City
Why: Blauschiefer means “blue slate,” an homage to the slate soil in Germany’s Mosel region, where this wine is from. The slate gives the wine tons of minerality and an almost salty smell and taste. Salamone loves this wine for its purity. If a wine can have energy, he says this one does.