- Deep-Dish Quiche, Caviar Service and the Perfect Fall Pork Chop
- Greek Sushi, Killer Sandwiches and the Healthiest #DeskLunch
- Maple-Pear Pancakes, Apple Cider Doughnuts and More #ThisIsFall Musts
- Breakfast Pizza, Lollipop Chicken and Oysters Inspired by Andy Warhol
- Caviar for Breakfast and the Ultimate Fall Salad for Lunch
- Pumpkin Twists, Sunday Morning Sausage and the Ultimate Stir-Fry Setup
- Michelada-Style Clams, Crispy Gnocchi and Breakfast French Fries
- Caviar-Topped King Crab, Iced Blueberry-Ginger Buns and All the Nordic Cuisine
- Juicy Burgers, Street Oysters and Concord Grape Intoxication
- Editors' Labor Day Eats: Lamb Ribs, Buckets of Crabs and Ice Cream Cake-sicles
What do a fat hen and pregnant oyster have in common? They're both nicknames for landmarks in Berlin, home of photographer Marta Greber of Tumblr's What Should I Eat for Breakfast Today. Greber is one of a handful of talents sharing an insider view of their cities via weekly F&W Photo Tours. See her Berlin here. Saturday saw the official end of summer and she went out with style at Music City Eats Nashville. The festival drew an amazing roster of Food and Wine experts and fans from near and far.
Meanwhile, fall percolated back at F&W HQ. Senior digital editor Lawrence Marcus demonstrated how he stays warm with cold vermouth while Gina Mungiovi surrounded herself with sun symbols like these perfectly boiled eggs. Both Dana Cowin and Kay Chun shared an understanding of the importance of cold weather carbo-loading, with everything from sweet pear coffee cake to savory saffron gnocchetti. But none of us were as prepared for the new season as @justinchapple's best friend Roxy, the mini dachshund who settled down with a coffee, a warm blanket and the latest issue of Food & Wine.
Is that special pet in your life an F&W fan? We would love to see on Instagram. Post photos of your animals with the October issue of Food & Wine and tag them #FWPets. Your BFF could be a featured F&W star. How we may use your photos, here.