- 5 Great Bottles for Riesling Fanatics
- BITE Silicon Valley's Line-Up Will Cover Food Waste, GMOs and Roy Choi's Veggie Burgers
- London Pop-Up Cake Shop
- Making Waves at the Food & Wine Classic
- Eat Cake for a Cause
- How to Get Free Tickets to Omnivore Master Classes
- The Food & Wine Classic in Aspen: Then and Now
- Highlights from 24 Hours at NYC Wine & Food Festival
- The Next Hot Ticket: Asparagus Roll-Ups
- Make a Film, Get Free Lunch
The mad geniuses behind the funky French food festival Le Grand Fooding are bringing their special brand of awesome back to New York this September with my favorite theme yet: Time Mach’Inn. On September 27 and 28, 100 diners will travel back in time over 30 years of food and drink history with New York chefs Frank Falcinelli and Frank Castronovo, Parisian chef Yves Camdeborde and New Zealand chef Peter Gordon as their culinary tour guides. The chefs have created a four-course menu focusing on three periods: the Fusion Cuisine Years (1991-1999), the Bistronomy Years (1998-2007) and the Farm-to-Table Years (2008-2013). A crew of superstar mixologists, including the inimitable Tristan Willey of Booker and Dax, is set to pair Jameson whiskey cocktails with the dishes, and best of all, 10 percent of ticket sales will benefit the food-rescue hero City Harvest. I can’t think of a more delicious way to time travel.
When: September 27-28, at 7 p.m.
Where: 372 Columbia Street, Brooklyn, NY
Price: $100, including four courses, three cocktails, Stumptown coffee and surprises.
Tickets go on sale to the public in September, but Food & Wine is offering an exclusive pre-sale for the event here.