- An Epic Indian Feast You Can Feel Good About
- Inside City Harvest’s Brilliant New Cookbook
- NYC’s Top Women Chefs Will Cook for a Cause
- Chefs Pledge to Save the Striped Bass
- The Incredible Philadelphia Benefit for Injured Chef Eli Kulp
- Paula Wolfert on the Food Memory Frontier
- Star Chefs Share Their Favorite (RED) Foods
- EAT (RED), DRINK (RED) All June to Help Fight AIDs
- 14 Restaurants Where Dining Out Can Help Nepal
- 7 Ways You Can Still Help Nepal
Food tech guru and Booker & Dax cocktail genius Dave Arnold is hosting a Kickstarter campaign to raise money for his most ambitious project yet: MOFAD, the non-profit Museum of Food and Drink. Here's why you should give.
1. Puffing cannons look awesome. Arnold's video pitch, above, offers a look at the 1900s-era puffed cereal game changer, which will be the museum's first mobile exhibit. "Puffing cannon encapsulates everything that will make MOFAD great," says Arnold. "It's explosive, it's entertaining and it tells a story."
2. "Dave Arnold is the culinary Google," according to chef Anita Lo.
3. Pastry innovator Brooks Headley of Del Posto thinks Arnold is the only person who could pull off a project of this scale.
4. Chefs David Chang, Wylie Dufresne and Mario Batali also think it's a good idea.
5. $50 gets you a durable MOFAD tote made by Brooklyn's Baggu.
6. Pledge $400 and you can party with Arnold while drinking his extraordinary cocktails and eating puffed rice snacks.
Watch the video for further convincing from Arnold's superstar culinary friends.