- Essential Tips for Holiday Wine Buying
- Italy’s Greatest Cabernet Franc
- What the Heck Is a Unicorn Wine, Anyway?
- Ravenswood’s Single Vineyard Zinfandels
- Bordeaux, the Other White Wine
- Is a $2,000 Champagne Really Worth It?
- The Best Deals in Wine Country Travel
- 5 Vintages of One of the World's Greatest White Wines
- Why Douro Valley Is Portugal's Best New Wine Destination
- Actor Sam Neill on Wine, Acting and What’s Important in Life
Organized roughly from least to most intense—from mild Hefeweizen all the way to robustly sweet and bitter Imperial Stout—this chart gives a general sense of beer style so you can train yourself to be a better taster. Dave McLean also rates hops flavor from one dot (peppery or citrusy) to five (full of “green” tastes, like pine needles) and malt flavor from last to most toasty.