- How to Make Jody Adams' Zuchinni Fritters
- 3 Wines to Pair with Grilled Shrimp
- 7 Expert Taco Tips from Aarón Sánchez
- The Ultimate Make-Ahead Derby Party Menu
- 5 Recipes to Celebrate National Raisin Day
- Make Chef Kenny Gilbert’s Multipurpose Florida BBQ Sauce
- 3 Ways to Make Hot Wings Healthier
- What to Drink with Chicken Wings
- 9 Incredible Ice Cream Treats to Try Before Summer's Over
- 5 Genius Cooking Tips From Chef Moms
Photo © David Malosh/ Art © James Maikowski.
Boxed candies can be supremely delicious and sexy. But to impress the truly chocolate-obsessed Valentine on Thursday—and provide shopping alternatives for stumped procrastinators—Momofuku Milk Bar’s sugar mastermind, Christina Tosi, reveals some of the more creative ways to enjoy chocolate.
1. Pair with fruits and vegetables. “Chocolate is a great way to hide the ‘healthy’ in your next tomato cake, beet, celery root or potato concoction, or zucchini bread!”
2. Serve with cheese. “Dark chocolate is great with any grassy cheese, and a great surprise on a cheese platter. You can even make a killer fudge sauce/spread with some grassy goat milk, to sit on your next cheese platter.”
3. Burn it. “Did you know that burning white chocolate slowly makes the most delicious, sweet brown butter bits?” Now you do.
4. Eat it on toast. “Or in toast! With passion fruit curd and a cup of coffee.”
Follow writer Jasmin Sun on Twitter @jasminsun.