- 5 Cookie Mixes Worth Buying
- DIY Valentine’s Day Candies to Make at Home
- Super Bowl Exposé: How Do They Make Those Giant Party Subs?
- 5 Beer Cocktails for Your Super Bowl Party
- 5 Ways to Experiment with Gluten-Free Flour
- 7 Luxurious Private Wine Tastings
- The Hot Sauce Field Guide
- 6 Store-Bought Super Bowl Snacks
- How to Throw an Extra-Crispy Super Bowl Party
- 6 Dubai Photographers to Follow on Instagram
Photo © David Malosh/ Art © James Maikowski.
Boxed candies can be supremely delicious and sexy. But to impress the truly chocolate-obsessed Valentine on Thursday—and provide shopping alternatives for stumped procrastinators—Momofuku Milk Bar’s sugar mastermind, Christina Tosi, reveals some of the more creative ways to enjoy chocolate.
1. Pair with fruits and vegetables. “Chocolate is a great way to hide the ‘healthy’ in your next tomato cake, beet, celery root or potato concoction, or zucchini bread!”
2. Serve with cheese. “Dark chocolate is great with any grassy cheese, and a great surprise on a cheese platter. You can even make a killer fudge sauce/spread with some grassy goat milk, to sit on your next cheese platter.”
3. Burn it. “Did you know that burning white chocolate slowly makes the most delicious, sweet brown butter bits?” Now you do.
4. Eat it on toast. “Or in toast! With passion fruit curd and a cup of coffee.”
Follow writer Jasmin Sun on Twitter @jasminsun.