- Meatless Marvel: Vietnamese Tofu Rolls
- Baby Lettuces for Spring
- The Most Amazing Lemon Bundt Cake
- A Fried-Chicken Upgrade for John Travolta
- The Greenhouse Tavern's Seven Layers of Heaven
- Ultimate Parker House Rolls
- Alice Waters's Vibrant Red Kuri Squash Soup
- The Spice Table's Fried Cauliflower with Fish Sauce
- Towering Layer Cake for the Weekend
- Asparagus and Fava Bean Salad with Fresh Ricotta
Warning: Test Kitchen Tease snapshots may cause cravings, lip-smacking and an unshakeable desire to cook.
There’s nothing better than testing a burger recipe to bring back a whisper of summer. This week, F&W’s Test Kitchen made these fantastic lemongrass pork patties with quick cucumber kimchi from Chicago chef Bill Kim of Urban Belly. The patties are super-thin, but powerfully flavored with minced fresh lemongrass, ginger, citrus and Thai sweet chile sauce, which added a bit of sweetness and helped produce a nicely charred crust while grilling. They cooked in only a few minutes and each sandwich was piled high with three patties. But the best part was topping them with the spicy kimchi, which came together in only two hours (traditional kimchi can take days or even weeks to prepare). After salting and rinsing the cucumbers, we simply marinated them with garlic, onion, ginger, sesame and gochugaru—coarse red pepper powder from Korea. These recipes will be available in a few months, but for now, try these panko-coated Crunchy Pork Kimchi Burgers from F&W’s Grace Parisi.