- Caveman Bone Marrow at the Museum of Food and Drink Lunch
- Food Celebrities Feed America
- Sean Brock Curating Taste Talks and Bringing Fried Chicken and Whiskey to Brooklyn
- Meet the Women Running This Year's Food Book Fair
- 28 Hours in Philadelphia - Part 1
- 5 Great Bottles for Riesling Fanatics
- BITE Silicon Valley's Line-Up Will Cover Food Waste, GMOs and Roy Choi's Veggie Burgers
- Sean Brock Guest-Chefs at Aldea
- Bonnaroo Food Redux
- Mario Batali's $1,200 Lunchbox Fund Cookbook Party
No matter how hard I try, I can’t think of anything cooler than Le Fooding’s Brooklyn Fling, taking place from September 19 to 23. We’ll have Charleston superstar Sean Brock cooking with the Frankies Spuntino team! Swedish superstar Magnus Nilsson hosting a back-in-time picnic at the Brooklyn Flea! The incredible Young Turks from London (cooking duo Isaac Mchale and James Lowe) along with Mission Chinese Food hero Danny Bowien at something called the Campfire Session!
And here's one more event that combines several outstanding things: The Brunch + Movie combo at Nitehawk Cinema in Williamsburg. Without further ado, here are details, plus an exclusive link to buy tickets.
Who: Top Parisian chef Iñaki Aizpitarte cooking at the groovy Nighthawk movie theater with Russell Dougherty. With a choice of epic Brooklyn films: The Warriors or Saturday Night Fever. (Me, I’m going with The Warriors.)
Where: Nitehawk Cinema in Williamsburg
When: Saturday, September 22nd & Sunday, September 23rd.
What: Russell Dougherty, Nitehawk’s resident chef, will use local products (Mast Brothers Chocolate, Empire Mayonnaise, Salvatore Brooklyn ricotta, Early Bird Granola) while France’s culinary genius Iñaki Aizpitarte from Le Chateaubriand, may or may not use local ingredients to prepare his own amazing riff on the classic French vegetable dish, piperade.
Price: $20, including brunch tasting, Nespresso coffees and movie.
Iñaki: Red berries "Piperade"
Russell: Salvatore Ricotta Pancakes, honey poached blueberries, Early Bird Granola
BLT Empire bacon mayonnaise, fried green tomato, baby arugula, warm focaccia
Espresso Sundae: espresso soft serve with Mast Brothers chocolate sauce, cocoa nibs, whipped cream
How: Click here and then click the "MasterCard Presales" button for the event of your choice.