- Watch: How to Make Hot Pot at Home
- The Easy Christmas Fruit Cake You'll Actually Want to Eat
- Easy Spinach Soufflés
- Red Snapper-Citrus Escabèche with Olives
- Insanely Crispy Garlic Short Ribs
- Andrew Zimmern's New Book Teaches Tolerance, Unsettles Hot Dog Lovers
- Bread Pudding with Irish Whiskey
- Auflauf... German Breakfast Pancake
- Miss Myra's Banana Pudding
- Game-Changing Pumpkin Hand Pies
© Stephanie Meyer
My buddy Karl Benson has cooked this recipe for 15 years, but it took me 10 years to even taste it. Once I did, I was sold. I hope you don’t wait as long as I did to found out how stubborn and how wrong you can be. I think he got this recipe from his Swedish family, or from cooking one night at home with his friend Marcus Samuelsson, the famous chef, and experimenting a little bit. Karl owns the premiere culinary-equipment store in the Midwest, called Cooks of Crocus Hill, where I have been teaching for 20 years. Yikes, I am old. Anyway, with salmon running so well this year, I thought you might like this insanely good change of pace, which EXPLODES the myth that cheese and fish don’t go together.
Serve it hot, with ice-cold Carlsberg beer, brown bread and butter and cucumber salad for the complete Scandinavian experience.
Go to Recipe: Broiled Salmon with Blue Cheese, Lemon and Dill