- An Epic Indian Feast You Can Feel Good About
- Inside City Harvest’s Brilliant New Cookbook
- NYC’s Top Women Chefs Will Cook for a Cause
- Chefs Pledge to Save the Striped Bass
- The Incredible Philadelphia Benefit for Injured Chef Eli Kulp
- Paula Wolfert on the Food Memory Frontier
- Star Chefs Share Their Favorite (RED) Foods
- EAT (RED), DRINK (RED) All June to Help Fight AIDs
- 14 Restaurants Where Dining Out Can Help Nepal
- 7 Ways You Can Still Help Nepal
Mario Batali and U2's The Edge; Ken Goodman Photography
Among the superstars in Food & Wine's Chefs Make Change coalition, Mario Batali is making power moves to raise funds for his charity this summer. The Mario Batali Foundation, which helps feed, protect and educate children, just announced two celebrity-studded events starring Bill Clinton. The former president will headline an inaugural MBF Honors dinner in New York on September 9 at Batali's fine-dining flagship Del Posto Ristorante, where guests will include Jimmy Fallon (tickets $1,500 and over).
On September 10, Clinton, the chef, and his creative friends will play golf at the third annual MBF Swing Session Celebrity Golf Classic (see: Batali with U2 guitarist The Edge at last year's event, left). The all-day outing features a chartered boat ride from Manhattan to Liberty National Golf Club across the Hudson, a clinic with PGA player Hunter Mahan and food from Marea's Michael White and Del Posto chef Mark Ladner. Slots start at $3,000 ($10k for a foursome). Club Hill Media produced a video tease if you want a closer look at how these blockbuster events are done.