- Where to Find Festive Holiday Cocktails
- Darker and Stormier
- The People's Best New Bars: Northeast Contenders
- 28 Hours in Philadelphia - Part 1
- A Bartending Legend is Taking Over One of the Country's Top Tiki Bars
- This London Bar Is Making Wine-Free Wines
- Pepsi Is Opening a Cocktail Bar
- It's Healthy to Visit the Pub, Says Oxford Anthropologist
- A Winning Mai Tai (with Tequila)
- 9 Signs You're in a Real Dive Bar
© Jessica Fey Photography
In the last year, the bourbon-loving city has become a destination for ingenious cocktails and great beer.
Holy Grale (photo)
Beer taps and bar stools have replaced the pews at this former Unitarian church. Its 26 taps pour US brews from Three Floyds and Green Flash, as well as obscure Belgian beers. holygralelouisville.com.
Owner Michael Trager-Kusman and chef William Tyler Morris met at NYC’s The Breslin. At Rye, they serve drinks like the Vecchio (vodka, amaro, rosemary syrup) and an Italian menu. ryeonmarket.com.
Upstairs from the Blind Pig gastropub, Meat features drinks from guest mixologists, including local star Larry Rice of the whiskey bar The Silver Dollar. His Butchertown Sour combines gin, house-made Falernum, mole and lemon bitters. meatlouisville.com.