- 9 Signs You're in a Real Dive Bar
- Secrets to Drinking Like You're in Havana
- Why You Should Use More Spices in Your Cocktails
- The Cha-Chunker Creates In-Can Cocktails
- 5 New Ways to Make a Mint Julep
- How to Make Campari Fruit Roll-Ups
- An Uptown Wine Bar with Downtown Sensibility
- Curative Cocktails: 6 Boozy Prescriptions for What Ails You
- The New Old Fashioned
- New cocktails at Má Pêche (a.k.a. Momofuku Midtown)
© Jessica Fey Photography
In the last year, the bourbon-loving city has become a destination for ingenious cocktails and great beer.
Holy Grale (photo)
Beer taps and bar stools have replaced the pews at this former Unitarian church. Its 26 taps pour US brews from Three Floyds and Green Flash, as well as obscure Belgian beers. holygralelouisville.com.
Owner Michael Trager-Kusman and chef William Tyler Morris met at NYC’s The Breslin. At Rye, they serve drinks like the Vecchio (vodka, amaro, rosemary syrup) and an Italian menu. ryeonmarket.com.
Upstairs from the Blind Pig gastropub, Meat features drinks from guest mixologists, including local star Larry Rice of the whiskey bar The Silver Dollar. His Butchertown Sour combines gin, house-made Falernum, mole and lemon bitters. meatlouisville.com.