- 5 Best Summer Bruschetta Recipes
- 10 Stunning Pies (Other than Apple) for the Fourth of July
- 7 Refreshing Summer Lemonades for Brunch
- Jell-O: Even More American Than Apple Pie
- Pink Lemonade First Got Its Color from Circus Performers' Red Tights
- 6 Best Summer Scones
- 11 Best Summer Jams
- For 50 Painful Years, You Needed a Bayonet to Open a Can
- 5 Refreshing Aguas Frescas to Make for Brunch
- A Barbecue Could Save You from Wild Animal Attacks
F&W showcases tricked-out custom grills at restaurants across the country.
Courtesy of Seamus Mullen
At New York City’s Tertulia, Seamus Mullen (photo) uses Grillworks’ Argentinean-inspired setup. The angled surface funnels juices and fat into a basting pan, preventing flare-ups.
NorCal’s adjustable grills come in extra- large sizes; Rachel Yang at Seattle’s Revel lowers the grate deep into the firebox to slow-cook whole lambs.
When Christopher Kostow recently renovated the kitchen at Napa Valley’s Meadowood, he installed this Spanish Josper grill-oven hybrid, which mixes live-fire grilling with superhot roasting.
Wolfgang Puck installed J&R grills at his four Cut steak houses. The cement-lined firebox prevents the kitchen from overheating.
Related: Ultimate Guide to Summer Grilling