- Crazy-Good Spicy Tuna Burgers
- Fried Egg BLTs with Arugula Aioli
- Meatless Marvel: Vietnamese Tofu Rolls
- Baby Lettuces for Spring
- The Most Amazing Lemon Bundt Cake
- A Fried-Chicken Upgrade for John Travolta
- The Greenhouse Tavern's Seven Layers of Heaven
- Ultimate Parker House Rolls
- Alice Waters's Vibrant Red Kuri Squash Soup
- Asparagus and Fava Bean Salad with Fresh Ricotta
Warning: Test Kitchen Tease snapshots may cause cravings, lip-smacking and an unshakeable desire to cook.
At The Spice Table in Los Angeles, 2012 F&W Best New Chef Bryant Ng serves this beer-battered cauliflower dish with a tangy dipping sauce. This week, F&W's Test Kitchen had the pleasure of giving it a test fry. The batter is made with cornstarch, beer and whipped egg whites, which create a super-flavorful crust that's perfectly light and crisp. But what makes this dish especially outstanding is the unlikely sauce. Bryant whisks Asian fish sauce with lime juice, garlic, sugar and fiery Thai chiles. The recipe is for an upcoming book project, but this weekend, try these handheld snacks from iconic chef José Andrés: Cauliflower Fritters.
Related: 2012 F&W Best New Chefs