- Caveman Bone Marrow at the Museum of Food and Drink Lunch
- New Chef at NYC's Irving Mill
- My Dinner with Pam Grier
- Front Row for Opening Night at L'Artusi
- Discovering Two Sides to San Juan
- The Ultimate Ski Destination for Foodies
- Day 1: Dinner at McCrady's
- New York City's Top Restaurant Deals
- The Un-Restaurant Trend
- What to Eat Late-Night at Chez Panisse
Courtesy of World's 50 Best Restaurants
Can you feel the excitement building? Who’s going to be #1 on the World’s 50 Best Restaurants list. We'll all know when the announcement is made Monday, April 30th at London’s prestigious Guildhall.
I can’t find a betting line (my work email is refusing to let me access gambling sites). Me, I’d say that the odds are in favor of my hero René Redzepi’s Noma restaurant in Copenhagen, the current #1. But in New York City, some knowledgeable chefs are talking about Mugaritz in Errenteria, Spain, and its chef Andoni Luis Aduriz as the potential big winner (he was last year’s #3). Another name that comes up as the potential winner: The Roca brothers at El Cellar de Can Roca in Spain’s Catalonia (#2 in 2011).
Whether you want to try to make money on this or not, you can keep track of the results live starting at around 3.15 pm EST when the winners will be announced in blocks of 10 at theworlds50best.com. Alternately, finedininglovers.com will be live streaming the results from The Guildhall.
If you want to drive yourself crazy with anticipation, watch the countdown on the World’s 50 Best site which is counting down the seconds until the event.