- Dine Out with Actress Pam Grier and Help Save Lives
- The Ultimate Cookie Party
- Star Chefs Share Their Favorite (RED) Foods
- How Food Could Save a Dying Town
- Pay-What-You-Want Restaurants
- Food World Supports Somali Restaurateur
- Best New Chef Dan Kluger’s Charity Sandwich
- Chefs Fight Kids' Cancer with Cookies
- A Blogger-Fueled Potluck for City Harvest
- Godiva + Lauren Bush = Fantastic New Feed Bags
Courtesy of City Harvest
Ten years ago, Editor in Chief Dana Cowin conceived a genius way for City Harvest, a hunger relief organization, to help feed hungry New York City children and their families. The Skip Lunch Fight Hunger campaign, which runs from May 14-18 this year, asks individuals to make a one-time donation of what they would normally spend on lunch.
Many New Yorkers spend $10 for lunch each day. With a $10 donation, City Harvest can help provide lunch for 5 children for a week; a $20 donation feeds 10.
To make a donation or start a fundraising team for Skip Lunch Fight Hunger, visit skiplunch.org.