- Fantastic Australian Wine Values
- Wines to Root for the Top US Open Contenders
- Holiday Gifts: Great Wine Books
- Real Names of Wine
- Wines for October Breast Cancer Awareness
- Last Call for Summer's Best Wines
- Exclusive Clip: A Year in Champagne
- Sparkling Wines for New Year's Eve
- 5 to Try: Real Bottles from Burgundy
- Rosé for Turkey Day
© Kate Mathis
Americans are drinking more California wine than ever before—nearly 212 million cases in 2011, according to new numbers released by the Wine Institute, a California trade group. The retail value of all that wine was almost $20 billion, a $1.5 billion jump from the year before.
The group attributed some of the growth to Moscato, the grape currently favored by rappers such as Drake, which now accounts for 4 percent of the U.S. wine market.
How to choose a bottle?
In the April issue, F&W's Ray Isle identifies the state's top winemaking trends and recommends more than 25 wines, like the crisp, intense 2010 Husch Vineyards Mendocino Chardonnay ($15) and the tea-scented 2009 Kutch Wines Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir ($39).