- Crazy-Good Spicy Tuna Burgers
- Fried Egg BLTs with Arugula Aioli
- Meatless Marvel: Vietnamese Tofu Rolls
- Baby Lettuces for Spring
- The Most Amazing Lemon Bundt Cake
- A Fried-Chicken Upgrade for John Travolta
- The Greenhouse Tavern's Seven Layers of Heaven
- Ultimate Parker House Rolls
- Alice Waters's Vibrant Red Kuri Squash Soup
- The Spice Table's Fried Cauliflower with Fish Sauce
Warning: Test Kitchen Tease snapshots may cause cravings, lip-smacking and an unshakeable desire to cook.
Photo: Justin Chapple
In the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day, F&W’s Marcia Kiesel developed this super-satisfying, updated version of corned beef and cabbage. The secret to its deliciousness is Marcia’s two-step cooking method: First, the beef is braised in a luscious beer broth until it’s tender and cooked through, then it’s coated with an aromatic glaze made from honey, mustard and spices and broiled until beautifully caramelized. As if the beef weren’t amazing enough, Marcia simmers hearty vegetables, like rutabaga, potatoes and cabbage, in the beer-flavored braising liquid until they are perfectly fork-tender. This recipe is absolutely fantastic as is, but it’s even better when served with assorted mustards and creamy horseradish sauce. Don't forget to save the leftovers, since you'll want to try this crazy-good Mashed Potato and Corned Beef Hash the next day.
Related: St. Patrick's Day Recipes