- Bobby Flay's Phenomenal Chicken Cutlets
- Summer Tease: Stone Fruit Pie with Buttery Streusel Topping
- Classic Twist Doughnuts
- Succulent Asian Spiced Duck Burgers
- Figs Squared
- Arepas: The Ultimate Culinary Vehicle
- Nigel Slater's Blackberry Focaccia
- Grilled Quail with Shaved Fennel and Yogurt
- The Meatball Shop Cookbook
- No-Bake Cheesecake Tart with Strawberries and Honey
Warning: Test Kitchen Tease snapshots may cause cravings, lip-smacking and an unshakeable desire to cook.
Photo: Justin Chapple
In the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day, F&W’s Marcia Kiesel developed this super-satisfying, updated version of corned beef and cabbage. The secret to its deliciousness is Marcia’s two-step cooking method: First, the beef is braised in a luscious beer broth until it’s tender and cooked through, then it’s coated with an aromatic glaze made from honey, mustard and spices and broiled until beautifully caramelized. As if the beef weren’t amazing enough, Marcia simmers hearty vegetables, like rutabaga, potatoes and cabbage, in the beer-flavored braising liquid until they are perfectly fork-tender. This recipe is absolutely fantastic as is, but it’s even better when served with assorted mustards and creamy horseradish sauce. Don't forget to save the leftovers, since you'll want to try this crazy-good Mashed Potato and Corned Beef Hash the next day.
Related: St. Patrick's Day Recipes