- Reinventing a Chilean Winery
- Why Douro Valley Is Portugal's Best New Wine Destination
- Why More American Winemakers are Hand-Pruning, Hand-Harvesting and Foot-Stomping their Grapes
- What Makes a Champagne Great?
- How Winemaker Geneviève Janssens Turns Her Mistakes Into Opportunities
- Marcel Deiss: Great Alsace Wines
- All Good Things
- “Fueled by Fine Wine” Half Marathon
- Wines of Bolivia
Courtesy of Sonoma Magazine
Ben Flajnik, the star of the latest season of ABC’s The Bachelor, is—contrary to what people might guess—a legitimate, honest-to-God winemaker. In 2008, he started Sonoma’s Envolve Winery with partners Mike Benziger and Danny Fay, focusing on small-production organic and biodynamic bottlings from top vineyards around the region. We asked him for his favorite date wines.
What to Drink: Silky Russian River Pinot Noir
Ben’s Favorite: Benziger Signaterra
His Reason: Women love Pinot. Plus Mike’s family owns the winery!
What to Drink: Zippy, citrusy Sauvignon Blanc
Ben’s Favorite: Patianna
His Reason: Good price ($17) and quality. And it’s organic, too.
What to Drink: Crisp rosé
Ben’s Favorite: Envolve
His Reason: Pick a wine you know well, so there’s at least one thing to talk about.
What to Drink: Massive Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel
Ben’s Favorite: Seghesio
His Reason: So rich and powerful that it will take your mind off the date.
What to Drink: Cold, hoppy India Pale Ale
Ben’s Favorite: Bear Republic Brewing
His Reason: Great for sports on TV with my partners in the winery.