- 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Update: Teresa Giudice’s Surprising New Cookbook
- Slice Me Off a Piece of That Kit Kat Pizza
- Ramen Cakes, Piessants and More Cronuts
- Etiquette Tips from Lisa Vanderpump of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
- Shoo Away Unwelcome Holiday Guests with a Monster Roast and Cricket Cocktails
- The Future of Hotels, The History of Meat
- Indian Barbecue Chicken Even Kim Kardashian Would Like
- A Cheeseburger Controversy and Bacon Weaves
- After Eating the Spiciest Burger in the World, Cool Down with a Spaghetti Popsicle
- Drink Your Bacon, Print Your Pizza
Nicole "Snooki” Polizzi and Deena Cortese of MTV’s hit reality series Jersey Shore got their nicknames “The Meatballs" or “Team Meatballs” from roommate Ronnie, creator of the eponymous and infamous “Ron Ron Juice,” because the party girls are both very tan, curvy and short.
“We like to drink. We like to party. It’s Team Meatballs,” says Snooki. “Team Meatballs can handle anything when it comes to alcohol. So we’re gonna go mad hard all day, then mad hard at the club.”
Recently, the duo took a break from partying (Snooki is reportedly pregnant) and learned how to make meatballs with Daniel Holzman and Michael Chernow, co-owners of NYC’s The Meatball Shop, for an In Touch photo shoot.
Here, Holzman summarizes the experience for F&W: “I’d actually never seen their show. Snooki was wearing white fur boots which I thought was pretty impressive for a meatball-and-tomato-sauce cooking class. They said something about appreciating being on worst-dressed lists. We made classic beef meatballs and spicy pork meatballs. They were natural meatball-makers, although their meatballs were inconsistent—some were big, some were small. We had a debate about how long you’re supposed to cook the marinara sauce and there were some meatball jokes thrown around, but I think I was the lewdest out of the group. They were completely funny and a pleasure to hang out with.”