- 9 Super-Tasty Meatless Burgers for Memorial Day
- A Mad Men Viewing Party
- A Mad Men Star's Cocktail Party
- 10 Ways to Use Chocolate Chips (Other than in Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- Quinoa Sauté with Grüner Veltliner
- Why Grant Achatz Loves His Slow Cooker
- 10 Tequila Cocktails for Cinco de Mayo
- Darker and Stormier
- Corey Lee: Wise Chef of the West
- 5 Tequila Cocktails That Might Actually Improve Your Health
Warning: Test Kitchen Tease snapshots may cause cravings, lip-smacking and an unshakeable desire to cook.
© Justin Chapple
Heaven’s Dog Shumai
It's easy to get wrapped up in the Thanksgiving recipe frenzy, but there are still a few more nights left to cook something far removed from turkey or cranberry sauce. Yesterday in the Food & Wine Test Kitchen, we stuffed and steamed delicious shumai (left) from San Francisco's Heaven’s Dog. The filling combined hand-chopped fatty pork shoulder, shrimp and shiitake mushrooms, all seasoned with fish sauce, soy and sugar.
These addictive little bites were so popular among staff that we had to announce a two-shumai-per-person policy. That recipe will be featured in F&W’s Cocktails 2012 book, but with a little help from Senior Recipe Developer Grace Parisi’s demonstration, you can easily whip up these Pork-and-Kimchi Dumplings this weekend.