- 6 Ways to Make Stuffing
- 8 Festive Red and Green Foods for the Ultimate Christmas Party
- A Spanish Christmas Menu by José Andrés
- Incredible Gluten-Free Cakes, Buns and Pizza
- Fakesgiving Leftovers
- 10 Red Berry Dishes to Celebrate (RED)
- F&W Exclusive: Chefs' Super Bowl Smackdown
- 10 Best-Ever Pasta Salads for the Fourth of July
- Cachaça Cocktails
- My Stolen Family Recipe
Warning: Test Kitchen Tease snapshots may cause cravings, lip-smacking and an unshakeable desire to cook.
© Justin Chapple
Heaven’s Dog Shumai
It's easy to get wrapped up in the Thanksgiving recipe frenzy, but there are still a few more nights left to cook something far removed from turkey or cranberry sauce. Yesterday in the Food & Wine Test Kitchen, we stuffed and steamed delicious shumai (left) from San Francisco's Heaven’s Dog. The filling combined hand-chopped fatty pork shoulder, shrimp and shiitake mushrooms, all seasoned with fish sauce, soy and sugar.
These addictive little bites were so popular among staff that we had to announce a two-shumai-per-person policy. That recipe will be featured in F&W’s Cocktails 2012 book, but with a little help from Senior Recipe Developer Grace Parisi’s demonstration, you can easily whip up these Pork-and-Kimchi Dumplings this weekend.